- Natural Shield is a passive ability innate to select monsters. It always activates when the monster is struck by a ranged attack.
- Natural Shield grants monsters the ability to become much more difficult to knock down using ranged attacks, or will altogether render them useless.
- Level 0 is triggered when defense is used with a shield and attacked by an arrow. A metallic noise can be heard. Range attacks will not knock down unless you cause the enemy to enter deadly status. Both the damage and stun is only reduced by the defense skill and the shield.
- Level 1 will only cause the monster to become more difficult to knock down by standard range attacks. It does not reduce damage inflicted. There is no metallic noise or yellow flash on this level.
- If the attacks are fast enough, then a knockback can occur.(Ex. 5-hit Arrow Revolver with a fast bow, or multiple people using Ranged Attack.)
- Levels 2 and 3, when activated, will cause the monster to flash yellow, and the player will hear a metallic noise.
- It is possible to knock down monsters with Natural Shield of levels 1-3 by using Magnum Shot, unless it inherently cannot be knocked down.
- If a critical hit is scored on a monster with Natural Shield, the monster will have a short delay before shrugging off the attack.
- Upon activation in levels 2 and 3, the monster is able to shrug off standard ranged attacks, including Arrow Revolver. It will not stop, and will walk through the attack.
- Note: All ranged attacks will do 1 damage to a monster with level 3 Natural Shield.
- Mirage Missile negates the effect of Natural Shield, even if its a level 3.
- Only the Poison effect will ignore the Shield, not the first shot.