- Mana Deflector is a passive ability innate to select monsters.
- Mana Deflector activates from alchemy attacks, but the push-back attacks will act normally as if no Mana Deflector was encountered.
- The damage reduction still applies.
- At Level 0, Mana Deflector is activated when defense is used with a shield and attacked by magic. A metallic noise can be heard. Ice Spear freezing effect is negated (but damage still applies). Both the skill damage and stun is only reduced by the defense skill and the shield.
- At level 1, Mana Deflector grants monsters the ability to become far more difficult to knock down with multiple charges of Lightning Bolt or repeated Icebolt attacks (5 charges won't knockback/knockdown), but they will still be stunned. There is no metallic noise or blue flash on this level.
- It is possible to knockback if the attacks are fast enough. (e.g. multiple/simultaneous magic bolt attacks from more two or more people can knock back.)
- At level 2 Lightning Bolt and Icebolt will stun the monster for only a fraction of a second. When struck by magic the monster will flash blue and a metallic noise will sound. Level 2 Mana Deflector reduces the damage from magic attacks.
- Any Dragon type monster does not get knocked back or down by any type of magic.
- At level 3 Lightning Bolt and Icebolt do not stun the monster at all. When struck by magic the monster will flash blue and a metallic noise will sound. All magic attacks will do only 1 damage to the monster.
- Firebolt and Fireball will always knock the enemy down, unless it inherently cannot be knocked down.
- The initial lightning hit from Thunder will not stun monsters with level 2 or 3 Mana Deflector, but the final thunderbolt will knock them down, unless it cannot be knocked down by magic attacks.
- Ice Spear will not freeze a monster with level 2 or 3 Mana Deflector, but the subsequent explosion will still knock the monster back if it can be knocked back.
- However, the target may still attack before the explosion.
- Ice Spear's freezing effect works on g10 final boss, Doppelganger, even though it seems to have level 3 Mana Deflector.
- The coding "Mana Deflector" may be a translational error because it was written as "Mana Reflector" before.