- The small kit costs 650 g and can only carry two riders.
- The large kit costs 3,420 g and can carry up to 8 riders. It also has ballistae that players may use to shoot ballista bolts, which are also bought at Kelpie.
Pets cannot be summoned when in the balloon, or brought aboard.
It is possible to engage in Elf/Giant PvP while flying in a hot-air balloon.
See the PvP page for details.
- Besides being a method of transportation, the balloon ride offers a sort of minigame in Zardine, much like Rafting in Courcle.
- Wyverns fly in the center of Zardine. They will attack your balloon if you get close to them. You may use the balloon as your base to attack them in return. Note that the balloon has health of its own.
- Wyverns are very powerful. You must use ranged attacks to hit them.
- Every wyvern killed will add stars to your score. Return to Kelpie for your rewards.
- There are three different type of wyverns, ice, lightning, and fire; each one uses only breath attacks of its element.
- The more players you have in the balloon, the fewer stars each kill brings in, because they are divided equally among each player. However, it may be easier to hunt with more players.
- The wyverns with titles such as "the Hungry" give double the amount of stars as normal untitled ones.
- If your balloon runs out of fuel, your hunting trip is over. If you enter another balloon, you sacrifice the stars you have earned up to that point.
- If your balloon runs out of fuel, as it slowly crashes down, any aggroed or newly aggroed Wyverns may swoop down and attack.
- The wyverns tend to do drive-by breath attacks. The best time to shoot a Magnum Shot would be right as they come in to attack.
- It may be prudent to have a player or two using the corresponding Magic Shield skills when the Wyverns swoop in.
- You may also use the ballistae to shoot at the Wyverns. Better bolts can be obtained as a reward for hunting wyverns.
- Generally, having decent ranged combat skills or chaincasted firebolt is better than using the ballista.
- Fully Chaincasted Firebolt is a very excellent way to take out Ice Wyverns and can do so in 1 to 2 hits with a decently ranked firebolt.
- Note: In order to shoot your firebolt, your hot-air balloon needs to be higher than the Wyverns.
- Advanced Magic does not work on the Balloons.
- A Large Balloon is easier to work with than a small one due to the ability to move around.
- If things get rough, you may also use the Playing Dead action. However, their breath attacks have splash damage, so you may get knocked out of playing dead if a party mate is hit by it.
- Remember that the balloon will continue on the path you've set it on when you stop steering. For a (relatively) safe escape when the balloon's HP is low, set it to fly away from the wyverns then use Playing Dead.
- Another strategy could be wearing 9 pieces of equipment (2 Accessories, a Hat, Clothes, 2 Weapons (or weapon and shield) gloves, shoes, and a robe) enchanted with the element of the Wyvern you'll be fighting and then using magic to kill. Ex: Chaincasted firebolt on Ice Wyverns while wearing full ice gear thereby rendering the wyverns' damage to 1 while you can firebolt relatively safely. Be warned, Ice Wyverns can still freeze you.
- Normally there's more than one, if not all three, types of wyverns in one area, so you might end up having extra damage dealt to you.
- Because of the situation stated above, the full elemental tactic works best on areas that have a single species of Wyvern, such as the skies near Calida Camp.
- It is possible to hit a wyvern using a high ranked Windmill.
Advice for Giants
- If you play a giant, you'll be grounded to one ballista most of the time, and you won't have ranged attacks. During this time turn on auto-combat. It will aim and shoot for you and allows less effort with more output.
- Giants are ideal here as healers using healing, feathers, and Party-Healing especially.
- Giants, being less versatile/lethal on the balloon than their counter-parts, should just be willing to carry 2-3 stacks of flint and be the one to refuel when necessary.
- Remember your beast mode - it increases damage even with ballista and even if you're just healing it can return enough HP to save your life and give a good chunk of mana to keep healing allies.
Note: No knowledge of if Fullswing can reach wyverns from balloon or not; in debate due to its huge reach.
- Much like Rafting, your score will determine your rewards.
- You'll always get the item in bold. You have a small chance to get the other items listed.
- Partial stars are rounded down. ie. Half of a star = 0 star
|24||the Daring Hot-air Balloon Pilot|| Add fuel when the balloon is about to crash.
Note: Fuel must be added within the last second before the balloon completely runs out to earn the title, about 4 seconds after the fuel bar turns completely black.
| MaxSP -30|
Int +5, Luck +5
|90||the Wyvern Hunter||Turn in 1000 Wyvern Claws to Kelpie|| MaxHP +10|