- Can transform into Savage Beast.
- Giants have unique weapons only they may use: Giant swords, knuckle weapons, atlatls, Giant mallets, and Giant axes.
- Cannot do Generation Quests 1~3. However, they are able to aid a human.
- Giants run faster than Humans but slower than Elves.
- By exact measurements, Giants run 1.1x Human speed, and 5/6 (approximately 83.3%) Elf speed.
- Giants can carry a human on their shoulders, acting like a mount for Giant-allied human players, but during this time they can not fight, do actions, talk to NPCs, craft, or mount pets.
- Giants can knock down certain trees and use them as a maul.
- These trees tend to only exist in Vales, it is unconfirmed if any exist outside of Physis.
- It is unconfirmed when Taunt gets uncapped.
- Wind Guard can be regarded as the giant version of Final Hit; giants receive no actual "final" skills.
- Giants are unable to learn Play Dead or Rock Throwing.
- They are limited to percussion instruments. Due to this, giants aren't a popular choice for playing melodic songs.
- Cannot equip most armor and helmets
- But in most cases have their own version of equipment.
- They can't ride normal two-seater mounts due to their immense size.
- However when a giant summons a mount, the pet is remodeled to be able to carry its giant master.
- A giant's mount can only hold one giant at a time. But it can carry a giant and a human or elf rider, provided it is a mount that can carry two.
- A giant may ride in a Wooden Mimic or an Antique Mimic regardless of the owner's race.
- They can dual-wield certain one-handed blunt weapons.
- They cannot dual-wield any one-handed swords.
- Two-handed weapons for humans are single-handed for giants, and can be used with shields.
- Giant weapons have higher splash range than Human/Elf weapons, generally.
- Smash preparation time is shorter (1.6 seconds).
- Defense skill adds more Defense than with the other races (+60 Defense and +40% Protection at Rank 1).
- Counterattack deals more damage (200% of enemy's damage and 200% of character's damage at Rank 1).
- Has a more effective Charge skill and, unlike the other races, can use it without a shield equipped.
- Only giants can learn Stomp, which is similar to Windmill, but with a narrower range, no HP consumption, set damage, Is spammable at rank 5+, and goes through defense.
- Can Taunt.
- Can potentially have the highest defense and protection of all races, due to Giant-specific armors/shields, and the Giant version of Defense.
- Giants use more MP than other races to cast spells (except healing spells and Blaze), Magic Mastery provides less MP, and Eweca regenerates less MP at a time. They also don't gain as much Int from aging and leveling; however, the Int gain from skills is unaltered.
- Giants do not receive any suits similar to the "Magic School" set, which means they also pay that much more for spell usage as a direct result.
- Can't use Play Dead.
- Can't use Rock Throwing.
- Giants can't wield a bow; instead, they use Javelins with the skill Throwing Attack as their long-range weapon. It is generally much weaker than a bow and arrow, and the Javelins take up a 1x5 inventory space.
- However the aim is instantaneous at 90%. With two giants, it's possible to defeat bears at very low levels.
Spirit Weapon Information
Giant's are a unique race in regards to their spirit weapon because the race is designed with a heavy focus on HP/Will to increase their survivability; due to this the spirit weapon decided upon will determine a great deal about the player's gameplay.
- If a Giant goes with a two-handed sword spirit weapon, they may also use a shield with it offering them comparable melee ability to a two hander human; but with the same defense.
- If a Giant uses a Two Handed Blunt, they may use Full Swing and focus entirely on offensive prowess while transformed.
- If a Giant uses a one handed blunt, they have the highest 'potential' damage while using smash and windmill, but this is not as useful as fullswing while transformed.
Spirit Weapon Advantages
- Turning a Two handed sword into a spirit weapon still means a giant may use a shield with it; this results in a superior combination for playing a tanker.
- The Warrior Axe is probably the only two hander ever that will have 4 swings with N+1; regrettably, it's also one of the softest hitting two handers in the game. [You MAY full swing with this.]
Spirit Weapon Disadvantages
- You can NOT turn knuckles into a spirit weapon.
- Spirit Weapon two-handed blunts have a fraction the durability of other two-handers.
- The Great Mallet may end up much weaker than most two handed swords. The warrior axe likewise may deal 'less damage per hit'.
- Battle Hammers can be very expensive to repair, so ensuring a good repair version for your battle hammer is difficult and expensive.
Obtaining a Giant
- A human player will be given an Assistant Giant Card, which acts like a Free Basic Card, by allying with the Giant race. To do so simply:
- Talk to Krug, and you will obtain the alliance keyword (if not already). Use it on him to obtain the Assistant Giant Card.
- Break any alliance with the Elf race by using the "Elf and Giant" keyword with Castanea at Filia. If you attempt to speak to Krug in Vales, he will refuse to speak to you and send giant guards, if you do manage to avoid them to be able to talk to him in the first place.
- You may break the alliance at any time and still keep the Giant card/character.
- Only one Assistant Giant Card is given per account (i.e. you cannot use a 2nd human character and get another card by allying with it too).
- Only one free Giant card will ever be given to an account, you can not delete your Assistant Giant character and expect to receive a new character.
- It doesn't matter if you already have an Assistant Elf card. You can get both races as Assistant characters, however you can only ally once per real day.
- You cannot rebirth as a different race, even if you have a premium rebirth card.
- ALL human characters on the same account "share" their ally! If one allies with the Giant race, the others´ll be too and they´re unable to ally until the next real day!