Exploration involves using L-rod exploration, land maker or sketch and all three actions are available to all the player races. Iria is the only continent in which these actions can be used, however, at the moment Zardine does not provide anything that can be found by L-rod exploration and land maker only works in Connous (only for Elves and Elf-allied Humans) and Physis (only for Giants and Giant-allied Humans). Neither Courcle or Zardine have exploration quest boards and therefore don't provide any exploration quests.
Exploration experience is used to gain levels in exploration and is a seperate stat from the character experience gained by doing such things as killing any type of monster or doing part-time jobs. Exploration experience can be gained by successfully using either of the above mentioned actions or via other methods (see below). Exploration levels are capped at a maximum of 25 but can be reset to 1 by rebirthing. There is also a total exploration level stat that does not reset when a player rebirths, just like the total level stat for character level. When exploration is levelled up, there are stat gains similar to a character level up, as well as gaining an ability point (AP). However, unlike a character level up, an exploration level up will not give points towards any transformation skills.
Methods of Gaining Exploration Experience
- Successfully completing exploration quests.
- Finding hidden or buried objects (artifacts, chests, animals or monsters) via L-rod exploration and possibly also requiring land maker.
- Finding artifacts or chests during the nighttime will reward you with a nighttime exploration bonus.
- Sketching monsters and artifacts.
- Killing a field boss on the Iria continent, or being in a party which has killed a field boss.
- Recovering lost elves from a Connous desert via L-rod exploration which may also require using the land maker action with a Cold Wind L-Rod (unavailable to Giants or Giant-Allied Humans).
- Completing Iria's dungeons.
- Rafting minigame rewards.
- Hot-Air Ballooning minigame rewards.
- Giving artifacts found in Courcle to Voight.
- The amount given depends on the quality of the artifact.
- Giving restored fossils found in Zardine to Belita.
- The amount given depends on how well a player restored a fossil.
Exploration Cap Quests
- Every 5 levels, you must complete an exploration cap quest in order to continue raising your exploration level.
- Exploration experience can still be gained while an exploration cap quest needs to be done but only till that cap level has gained its maximum amount of exploration experience. The next exploration level cannot be attained until the cap quest is done, so any exploration experience gained beyond the maximum for the cap level will be wasted. Therefore, cap level quests should be completed as soon as possible.
- Other exploration quests cannot be taken while a cap quest is being done.
- These quests are specific to each player race.
- The first exploration cap quest will be received by owl. If the first exploration cap quest is successfully completed and any following level caps are reached then the associated cap quests will need to be manually selected from the quest board. This applies even after a rebirth when the exploration level can be set back to 1.
- As of the G10 patch, exploration cap quests are only required to be done once per character, regardless of rebirth.
- Exploration Cap Quests (Elf)
- Exploration Cap Quests (Human)
- Exploration Cap Quests (Giant)
This category has the following 4 subcategories, out of 4 total.
Pages in category "Exploration"
The following 5 pages are in this category, out of 5 total.