Eiry is the spirit in the Spirit Weapon a player starts off with when they create a new character and is the player's beginner guide to playing Mabinogi. For Humans, it is a spirit Short Sword. Elves are given a spirit Short Bow, and Giants are given a spirit Great Mallet. If you still have Eiry, you cannot have another Spirit Weapon until you do not have her. By pressing '/' in game, you can talk to her and she will give you information about your surroundings and basic information, such as 'How do I Fight' or 'What is a Quest.'
- Eiry will disappear for Human characters after finishing a quest requiring to talk to Duncan after reaching a total level of 26, and will be replaced by a Fluted Short Sword.
- Eiry will disappear for Elf characters after completing the beginner quest Castanea's Advice, and will be replaced by a Short Bow.
- Eiry will disappear for Giant characters after completing the beginner quest of escaping Solea Tunnel, and will be replaced by a Great Mallet.
- Eiry does not have many common attributes of a regular Spirit Weapon:
- Does not have a glow on the weapon when equipped and wielded.
- There is no "See info on the Spirit Weapon" option when right-clicking on a player who has Eiry equipped.
- Does not require items.
- Cannot gain additional stats.
- Does not change mood.
- Cannot perform Spirit Weapon Awakening.
- Cannot provide a Tear of Spirit.
- Can only be repaired by blacksmiths, instead of Spirit Liqueur, Spirit Weapon Repair Potion, or Spirit Weapon Restoration Potion.
- Picture does not differ between weapon types/races.
- Poison can be applied to Eiry, unlike other Spirit Weapons.