With eyelids that seem to shake like the translucent wings of a firefly and fragile shoulders, above which hangs her layered hair, she wears delicate accessories that are hanging unstably as if a heavy chandelier. She speaks with a quiet tone, calmly speaking each word until she inexplicably falls, quite suddenly, into utter silence.
Effie is a somber looking woman wearing a Grace Shawl Dress with long, gray hair. She manages the General Store in Qilla Base Camp and is also a very prominent quest giver.
There is currently no way of getting tailoring supplies in Qilla Base Camp.
Music Track Title: A Lost Music Box
- By giving desired items, a player can increase their intimacy with Effie, however, giving an undesired item may decrease it.
- If a desired item is sold by more than one NPC then the name of the closest to Effie is in bold.
- As no NPC sells gifts in Qilla Base Camp, then Walter, Kristell and Eavan are closest to Effie via Continent Warp, whereas Granites and Zeder are closest via Mana Tunnel.
|Desired Gift||Price||Sold by|
|Anthology||150g||Piaras, Walter, Gilmore, Galvin, Granites, Zeder|
|Stuffed Bunny||250g||Nora, Eavan|
Effie has a Secret Shop, which is accessed by raising the level of your intimacy status with her. This is done by giving her gifts of Anthologies, Candlesticks and/or Stuffed Bunnies. It doesn't matter if the gifts given to Effie are of only one type or if different ones are used, as long as a sufficient number are given then she will eventually give access to her secret shop.
Her secret shop doesn't open unless her reply to the "Private Story" keyword begins with "I don't particularly like going on? adventures, no?" and her reply to the "Nearby Rumors" keyword begins with "It's not a bad idea to look up into the sky once in a while". Also, the statement in brackets, that appears at the beginning of a conversation, will change to "(Effie is really giving me a friendly vibe.)".
When access to her secret shop is obtained then a "Special Item" tab will appear in her shop (it will be after the "Sewing Pattern" tab). See the Shop section below for the contents of the "Special Item" tab.
- With a total exploration level of six or higher, talk to Effie using the Skills keyword and she will give the Collect Gold Ore Fragments quest, which gives as rewards the Metallurgy skill (at rank F), 50 gold coins and 2,600 experience points.
- If a Metallurgy Sieve is already equipped when the quest is received from Effie then unequip and re-equip it to activate the "Equip a Metallurgy Sieve" requirement. If a Gold Ore Fragment is obtained before doing this then it will not count and another Gold Ore Fragment must be found. Changing weapon slots twice is sufficient to complete this quest requirement.
- With stamina at zero, talk to Effie using the Skills keyword and she will give the Looking for Delicious Ingredients quest, which gives as rewards the book "Rest in Paradise", the food item Mushroom Marinade and 100 experience points.
- With a Gathering Axe equipped, talk to Effie using the Skills keyword and she will give the Gathering Firewood quest, which gives as rewards the book "Campfire : The Mystery of Flame" and 100 experience points.
- Successfully reading the book will complete the requirements for rank C of the Campfire skill and will allow it to be levelled to rank B.
- On Alban Heruin (Wednesdays), the daily effect of a 5% reduction to NPCs' shop prices will apply.
- The exception is the gold pouches which don't decrease in price.
- When doing the part-time jobs on Alban Elved (Friday) there is a 20% increase to the experience points and gold rewarded for completing them.