- Specific animations/motions that your character can perform, usually indicating emotion, are called Gestures; see page for more info.
- If you are looking for info about Rafting, Hot-Air Ballooning, or Fossil Restoration, the information is on their respective pages.
Actions are similar to skills. However, they do not advance or gain experience. The Action skills all have a green background. To see or use them press N on your keyboard.
- Allows a player to move between the continents of Uladh, Belvast, and Iria once every 12 in-game hours or unlimited if they have the VIP service.
- Players will be warped to their respected towns when warping to Iria
- Elves will warp to Filia
- Humans will warp to Qilla
- Giants will warp to Vales
If you are aware of this action, then you may hold a Music Jam Band. When a fellow party member uses this action, then the party members will have their instruments and scores all set up, ready to play. When the leader of the party uses this action, that's when the playing begins. This action is only available to those with Rank C or above in Playing Instrument and Musical Knowledge.
- Requires at least Musical Knowledge rank C, Playing Instrument rank C , and Novice Composing. Once these requirements are met, the player will receive a quest to see Nele.
- By using this action, the player will prepare to use a musical instrument while in a music-based party.
- When the party leader uses Playing Instrument (or this action), all players who have prepared Party Performance will begin playing songs at the same time. This allows multi-person compositions to be performed relatively in-sync (excluding individual playing failures).
Use this skill if you want to be paid for playing beautiful and moving music for an audience. You must 'use' this skill before you start playing, and you will get a donation box in which the audience can put in Gold to show their appreciation.
- When the player uses Playing Instrument skill, he or she will put a box out in front so that listening users can donate money.
- Drag and drop money from inventory into the box to donate.
- You cannot donate more than 1000G at a time
- Learned upon equipping any instrument.
- Even when there's no music/animation (e.g. because you entered a map after someone started playing), the donation box will still appear.
A donation box.
|The action pretending you are totally incapacitated. You are just pretending so people will most likely not be fooled all that easily, but if you are actually getting attacked by a monster, this action is worth trying. Just pretend that you are dead and lie there for a while. You may actually fool the monster afterall, which may, in the end, save your life.
Method to obtain: Elves automatically start with this action. Humans will learn it from a quest given by Tracy to visit him as soon as character creation (after meeting Nao). Giants cannot learn Play Dead.
- Load time is 0 seconds.
- The user will fly backwards onto the ground.
- Males and females have different Play Dead poses. These poses are also dependent on the weapons you are wielding. (For example: Lances)
- Enemies will continue to target the player, but most will choose not to attack.
- The monster can still attack if its AI allows it to do so. This becomes more likely if it possesses AoE attacks.
- The monster might also attack you while Playing Dead if you used a luring attack (i.e. Icebolt) and then immediately Play Dead.
- Kitty Knights are an example of a monster that can attack a player in this state without the use of an AoE such as Windmill, Stomp (Monster), or Splash Damage.
- If the enemy is very close and is attacking normally and you manage to use Play Dead, during the flying animation you will get hit (this means you timed it wrong). They will/can hit you if/when you are in midair.
- Lightning Bolt grouping is also applied to this since it hits multiple targets.
- Note that Giant players and enemies cannot knock out a faker with Stomp.
- Players can notice your HP or their ability to (Ctrl) target you in Play Dead and still attack.
- Player's Pets cannot attack someone faking their death. However the Master can command it to still target the player.
- Play Dead makes the player vulnerable to Assault Slash.
- It takes approximately a minute for the monster to drop aggro once the player is Playing Dead.
- Can be used immediately without flying animation after being knocked down.
- Frozen Blast will not cancel Play Dead even though the icon is temporarily deactivated.
- It takes about three seconds to 'get up' from Play Dead.
- If you try to get up while being targeted, the monster may attack you.
- You may safely get up when the monster is not using an offensive attack.
- You may summon pets while Playing Dead.
- Play Dead drains 1 Stamina per 2 seconds during use, however the skill will not cancel after reaching 0 stamina.
- Elves cannot use Hide during the Play Dead "get up" animation. The animation has to be completed before Hide can be used.
- The action will send the player going backwards in a slightly diagonal direction of about 300 distance.
Play Dead in use.
The skill for drawing a sketch of an animal or an artifact on paper. You can purchase sketch paper from the General Shop and/or other such shops.
- Learned automatically upon completion of an Iria continent Beginner Quest.
- Using the Sketch Paper the player may make a sketch of a monster or artifact, and gain Exploration experience.
- Sketch Paper is only available in Iria and can be bought from Alexina, Hagel or Krug.
- It is not possible to sketch anything outside of Iria and only monsters and artifacts can be sketched inside Iria.
- If the monster moves out of the location where the player started sketching then the attempt will fail.
- A dead monster cannot be sketched.
- Samhain increases the success rate.
- Monsters moving slightly are able to be sketched on Samhain.
- You may not sketch the same monster twice.
- However, you can sketch another of the same type. You just can't sketch the same monster.
- There is a minute-and-a-half cooldown time after a successful sketch.
- Sketches act as a way point. For example, viewing the sketch of a monster will create a map marker on your minimap, showing you where you sketched the monster. The same applies to sketched artifacts. This can be useful for remembering where certain monsters spawn.
- For a list of monster sketches, go here.
- Note: Some Sketches may be "odd". For example, if you sketch a Dragon (doesn't matter which one), the Sketch Paper will be blank, even though it was successful.
- Note: The image on the Sketch Paper will appear at the angle your character faces a monster or artifact. For a quest, it won't matter at what angle the sketch is made.
- Trivia: For Generation 8, the player must sketch the NPC Kelpie. This is the only known time that Sketch may be used on a NPC.
A skill that helps you locate objects using a tool. When you hold the L-Rod and start searching the area, you will start getting a response from the L-Rod, in light and sound, as you draw near to the treasure, at which you will hear four loud beeps. When the L-Rod is beeping as such, click on the X hotkey and click the ground using the mouse's cursor. The L-Rod will then reveal the artifact that has been hidden nearby. If an artifact does not appear, try to click on another spot.
- Learned upon equipping L-Rods.
- By equipping Exploration Tools, the player may search for hidden items and artifacts in Iria.
- Items found by the L-Rod disappear after about 5 minutes, quite often relocating to another part of the map.
- The relocation does not always happen for quest-related hidden items.
- If you find an artifact in one channel of a server, the same artifact will appear uncovered on other channels. (For example, if you found a stone sculpture on Channel 5 and immediately moved to Channel 4, it will be uncovered there as well.) This might be done to prevent exploitation.
- In Courcle, L-Rod Exploration will usually only find treasure chests (with the occasional monster) containing Courcle Artifacts and gold coins.
- At the moment, L-Rod Exploration does not find anything in Zardine.
- How close the player is to a discovery is indicated by two to four beeping sounds. Two beeps means the item/artifact is just barely in your area. Three beeps means you are getting closer. Four beeps means you are nearly right on top of it. Use the X key and then click anywhere around the character to try to find something in that direction.
- Clicking at yourself in the four beep area will uncover the object.
- If you hear the three beeps, then you can spam the Action.
- Not recommended since it will drain Durability from the L-Rod.
- Drains the player's stamina points slowly. (Uses about 1 stamina point per second)
- If you do not have sound available to you, you may determine how close you are to a discovery by watching how intensely the L-Rods flash. The closer you are, the more intense the flash.
- If successful, the player may find a relic or a treasure chest. Occasionally, finding the chest will spawn monsters, and one of the monsters has the key to the chest.
- If the monsters aren't dispatched quickly enough, the chest may disappear. You must dispatch all of them in order to open the chest
- Due to the ending of the Iria Chest Event, the Sculptures are extremely common. Enchants, Golds, and Potions are common. Equipments however, are extremely rare. Hooked Cutlass can be still found in chests. Though it is unconfirmed whether Tricolor Robe, and Glove of Extravaganza are no longer to be found in chests. Most likely, however they are not.
- Finding anything will grant the player Exploration experience.
- Samhain (Saturday) increases the detection range of the L-Rods.
- This may make it harder for some players who are used to the normal shorter range, as it more possible for multiple targets to overlap.
- It states that "The accuracy increases over time". However that is a typo. It just means that Samhain increases the detection range of the L-Rods for the day.
- If you use Awakening of Light in Iria and wander around, it will do automatic L-Rod Exploration around you.
- Learned upon equipping, and usable with, one of the following types of L-rod;
- All land maker L-Rods can also use the L-rod exploration action.
- When using the Snowfield L-Rod and Cold Wind L-Rod with the land maker action;
- items, artifacts, burrowing animals and buried monsters can be found for exploration experience,
- in some cases you need only to dig, that is, you may not always need to use the L-rod exploration action to find something.
- So far, the Warm Wind L-Rod is only useful in the exploration mission "Collect Cobra Pillar Statue Stone Fragment" where sand needs to be raised to get to higher levels of the pillar.
- The Snowfield L-Rod is for giants only and Krug will modify it to a Human only version for Giant-allied Humans (who have an exploration level at 5 or above and are allied to the Giants).
- The Cold Wind L-Rod and Warm Wind L-Rod are for Elves only and Hagel will modify them to Human only versions for Elf-allied Humans (who have an exploration level at 5 or above and are allied to the Elves).
- There is also a quest from Alexina where she asks a Human character to choose either the Giants or Elves as the ones to ask about the land maker L-rods. After selecting a race to investigate, a player will receive a quest to speak to either Hagel or Krug. The player will be told to buy a land maker L-rod from the NPC they are talking to and only on this occasion will an unallied Human character be able to have Hagel or Krug convert a land maker L-rod from their race specific version into a Human only version.
- Elf-specific. Learned after character creation.
- Allows the player to disappear from monster and player view (except people in own party and PvP modes).
- Your speech isn't shown above where your character is standing (except to people in your party or in PvP)
- It is still shown at the bottom of the screen, however.
- The monster will immediately stop targeting and drop any aggro/attacks/skills to the hidden player.
- Hide is useless if on a mount as the monster can still see and attack the pet.
- If another party member provokes a monster, the Hider can be hit by AoE attacks or Splash Damage.
- Cannot be used in the midst of battle. The player must not have been fighting for 30 seconds in order to activate it.
- Drains the player's mana points slowly.
- Uses around 5 mana when first starting the skill, then slowly drains it.
- Can no longer be used right after canceling Play Dead.
An Elf using hide, from self or a party member's view.
You can pick up a stone from the ground and either throw it on an enemy or an object. Casting this stone will not incur any damages on the enemy, but it does work when you want to bring the attention of the enemy toward you.
- Quest is automatically obtained right after character creation, which requires you to bring Sion a piece/Slice of Cake. Jennifer sells them as "Gift" items for 100 Gold.
- The player can pick up a stone and throw it at objects and monsters.
- It doesn't matter where you get the stone. Its picked on anywhere you're standing.
- Range is 1200 (equal to a basic magic bolt).
- This is considered a Magic attack and will activate any Mana Reflector available. Classified as a Magic attack, it will never miss.
- Will not hurt anything. Used for luring and hitting objects.
- Will kill when used against monsters and players who are in Deadly status.
- Note: Finishing a monster with Throw Stone will not count the kill on PQs.
- Finishing mobs off with Throw Stone will count for Ranged Attack training for the respective level (Strong Monsters finished with the Throw Stone will count both as Knockdown and Killing of Strong Monsters).
- You cannot use the (Ctrl) Auto-Target system.
- Can be used to hit switches from afar in dungeons.
- Uses 2 Stamina per load.
- Load time is 1.0 second.
- Throw animation lasts 1.5 seconds, and you may not load any skills before this including using a normal attack.
- There is no delay if you load Rock Throwing after other skills.
- This Action can be replaced with Ice Counter. The Battle Tactic is called Stone Counter. This works best on very slow monsters.
- Be careful, this action does not stun the monster. The hit effect will be similar to hitting Passive Defense and will reset the enemies animation (and any basic melee skills and ranged attacks) and cause it to attack you with a normal attack.
- Note: Rock Throwing WILL massively burn Durability on Shields, Armor, Clothing, Hats, Gloves, and Shoes if you are hit by it!
- Note: There seems to be a bug with the skill. Whenever the player throws a rock at another player, they may teleport right next to him/her.
- This is probably due to animation delay on the client side only. The server does not stop previous set movement during animation and thus will register the position previously set after the animation.
- Giants cannot learn Rock Throwing
Use the Roll the Dice action for fun anywhere and at any time. You can purchase a dice from the General Shop.
- The player must equip Dice first.
- The player takes out a 6 sided die.
- Click the ground to roll it.
- The dice will display 1-6 dots randomly.
- The 1 dot is a Celtic Knot.
Throw Paper Airplane
This skill enables you to fold and throw a Paper Airplane; let's send your feelings to your beloved on a Paper Airplane. If you throw a Paper Airplane at an enemy, you might get its attention.
- Using a piece of Paper from any General Store, the player may throw a paper airplane.
- The distance will be visibly marked so that all players nearby can see.
- During the throwing animation you may be invincible from short-effect area attacks.
- Learned after completing Paper Airplane quest in which Alissa at Tir Chonaill asks for a piece of paper.
- You get this quest by gaining a level.
- To receive the quest, you must be in a place where an owl can reach you.
- All three races can use the skill- some accounts need multiple levels gained in order to get the quest, some don't. It's random.
- Because of the Invincibility frames of this Action, it is possible to avoid taking damage from a Fireball by throwing a Paper Plane.
- This is done by starting the Action when the Fireball is launched. When the Fireball hits the ground, you should be throwing the airplane, allowing you to avoid the damage.
- Sets up the Tower Cylinder in 3rd person aiming perspective.
- Allows the player to use alchemy in a cannon-like fashion.
- Turning the camera aims the Cylinder.
- In Click Target mode clicking will cause the player to turn that direction.
- Auto-Target can still be used.
- Cross-hair mode and Traditional click Target mode can be changed in options.
- The user cannot move while the Tower Cylinder is set up.
- Heat Buster will still cause the user to slide back, however.
- It takes about 5 seconds to install or remove the cylinder.
- Increases the range and power of all alchemy used.
- Range is dependent on the alchemy used (approximately 180% range).
- 1 stamina will be used per second.
- Farming is highly complex and has its own page. If you seek information on said system go to Farming.
- Items can be sold at a kiosk similar to a house or a personal shop.
- This is installed the same way as a Tower Cylinder.
- These are skills with a green background that may be in the All skills list, but not in the Action list.
- Like Actions, these skills do not gain experience.
- This skill is automatically obtained when the Cookie Wand Event is in progress.
- This skill is temporary and will not exist after the event.
- You can move the target circle within a 4800 radius from your current position.
- This is not found in the action list but rather the result of using Adniel's Horn Bugle.
- Despite not being listed, it is known that Dragon Support is the official name for this action.
- Allows you to call Adniel and command him to use Meteor once per Erinn day, but only in the Shadow Realm.
- Unlike normal meteors, Adniel's Meteor does not cause wounds.
- The meteors can hit outside the "range" that it shows.
- The Horn's time refreshes at 6 AM in-game time.
- Available after completing Generation 9.
- In G9, Adniel will give you a Horn that will allow you to use it. It cannot be used until you fight Claimh Solas.
- Warning: Has friendly fire (including yourself!) Use with caution!
- This does not include friendly NPCs in Shadow Missions. However, the Dragon Horn Pipe action damages friendly NPCs in several missions, such as Conflict! An Unexpected Battle.
- Any monsters killed off by Adniel will not give any experience points.
- Likewise, if a monster was heavily damage by Adniel but not finished by it and the player delivers the finishing blow, the monster will not drop any items.
- If the Horn is destroyed by the user, a new one can be received by talking to Legatus.
- Activated only when Ice Mines are used.
- You can only plant the mine within 100 radius of your current position; you must move in order to plant anywhere else.
Name Color Change
- Activated only when Name Color Change Potions are used.
- Changes the color of your character name.
- There is no skill bubble when doing this.
- Effect is temporary and only lasts one week.
- If you rebirth, however, the effect dissapears even if before the one week is up.
- Activated only by using a Spirit Crystal on a "Possesed" monster.
- Load time is 0.7 seconds
- Target radius is 1000.
- Control time is 60 seconds.
- Controls a targeted monster directly, like in Summon Golem, however, you cannot retain control again without another Soul Crystal after switching back to your character.
- Switching back to your character when the room is cleared will make the monster vanish.
- Your character will be in Play Dead mode for the duration of the control.
- You may use only the skills that the monster has.
- Ghost of Partholon spwans when u posses a monster
- Throws a fish for the seal pet to catch and eat.
- The player must have a fish to feed the seal in order to use this action.
- Right clicking the fish with a seal summoned by the player or someone in the player's party will reveal the "Feed Seal" option.
- Click a valid space near the seal to throw a fish for the seal to catch.
- Attempting to click the seal itself will not work, you must click near the seal.
- The seal will occasionally fail to catch the fish. This usually happens when the fish is thrown too far away from the seal.
Release Mini Hot-Air Balloon
||A mini hot-air balloon launched in celebration of Children's Day.
- Action is received from using a Mini Hot Air Balloon Kit.
- Takes 2 seconds to load.
- Costs no Stamina.
- The player will release a Mini Hot Air Balloon into the sky, stare at it and/or wave at it as it flies. The balloon will fly off into the distance and eventually disappear from sight.
- The balloon has different colors on it and bears the DevCAT insignia with an antennae on its head.
- As the player releases the balloon, they will be unable to take any action.
- Cannot be used inside buildings, in a Dungeon, in a Shadow Mission, or in a Theatre Mission.
- Used only by the Bandits.
- During Commerce, if a Bandit is successful in reaching five stars, they will attempt to use this Action and flee.
- When used, the Bandit will slowly walk away before increasing their pace. After a while, the Bandit will disappear.
- If the Bandit successfully uses this action, a portion of your cargo is permanently lost. You must kill them before they disappear in order to keep your commodities.
- Attacking them often does not interrupt the action; they will still attempt to run and disappear even while the action is not loaded. Attacking them enough times or changing their aggro state may stop the action.